Breaking News
The Student News Site of Wahconah Regional High School

The Main Street Crier

The Main Street Crier

The Main Street Crier

Garden of Time
The Met Gala 2024
June 4, 2024

Updates on Ukraine

Belarus began military drills on April 2, along the borders of Ukraine, Lithuania, and Poland, says the Russian ally’s defense ministry. The exercises were performed for the next three days in the Gomel and Grodno regions and the exercises were used to prepare officers and territory defense personnel for potential defense for their regions, along with specific protocols if martial law is put into effect. Poland and Lithuania are both members of the European Union and NATO. Meanwhile, Russia and Ukraine continued to exchange drone strikes, and Russia on Monday targeted energy facilities in raids in the Dnipropetrovsk and Kirovograd regions. Military units said air defense forces were destroying three drones in Dnipropetrovsk, while the rest of the forces were intercepted. Ukraine responded earlier on Tuesday by striking one of Russia’s oil refineries in the Tartarstan region, around 800 miles from the front lines, claiming significant damage on the military target. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy signed a bill to increase the mobilization age for combat duty from 25 to 27. 

For More Information on the Russia-Ukrainian War visit:

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/02/russia-ukraine-live-updates.html 

Donate to The Main Street Crier

Your donation will support the student journalists of Wahconah Regional High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.