Breaking News
The Student News Site of Wahconah Regional High School

The Main Street Crier

The Main Street Crier

The Main Street Crier

Kung Fu Panda 4
Kung Fu Panda 4
April 12, 2024
Is the SAT Worth It
Is the SAT Worth It
April 12, 2024
Track Boys Article
April 12, 2024
Softball
April 12, 2024

Things to do in the winter in Berkshire County

Throughout the winter season within Berkshire County, there are many different activities to do with your friends and family such as visiting our two most well-known mountains, Jiminy Peak and Bousquet. Not only can you ski and snowboard with your family and friends, but you can also join either mountain’s ski team where you will attend practices and competitive races against other schools. While you either choose to attend the ski mountains competitively or just for a day-night out, you are also welcome to help yourself to the food served at either mountain.

At Bousquet, you can enjoy a simple menu offered to everyone who attends the mountain, such as things like mac ‘n cheese, fries, sandwiches, burgers, or even some food trucks at times. At Jiminy Peak you can take a break in one of the most spacious lodges and grab some delicious food, such as clam chowder, burgers, tacos, salads, fries and even mac ‘n cheese. Not only are these two mountains popular for their menus and skiing, they are also a very popular spot where families and groups of friends make some positive winter memories in Berkshire County.

Now Jiminy Peaks Mountain may appear to be larger with a quicker chair lift, Bousquet also has more to offer than just its ski slopes and food. They also offer a fun experience for families and children by hosting a snow tubing hill where young kids and families can enjoy the exhilarating fun while employees push them down the slopes. This activity allows families who may not be interested in skiing to still have something to do during the winter season.    

Along with the skiing, snowboarding, and tubing, there is also ice skating. Not only are frozen lakes an ice skating option for families, so is the Boys and Girls Country Club. Many families attend this rink because not only is it a spacious rink for all to enjoy, it also brings those who may want to learn or who may already have a passion for ice skating together.

Some may argue that there is not much to do around here at this time of year, but if you have never experienced some of these events, then I strongly believe you should give them a try. Not only are they the most popular events here in Berkshire County during the winter, they may also give you and your family and friends an opportunity to make new, fun winter memories. 

Donate to The Main Street Crier

Your donation will support the student journalists of Wahconah Regional High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.