Breaking News
The Student News Site of Wahconah Regional High School

The Main Street Crier

The Main Street Crier

The Main Street Crier

Kung Fu Panda 4
Kung Fu Panda 4
April 12, 2024
Is the SAT Worth It
Is the SAT Worth It
April 12, 2024
Track Boys Article
April 12, 2024
Softball
April 12, 2024

Wahconah Home Games

Wahconah is currently in action with their fall sports. Many games have been happening for both boys and girls such as soccer, cross country, volleyball, golf, and football. Each set of sports has shared many opportunities for visitors to experience Wahconah’s hardworking teams on their own turf. 

On October 14, the Wahconah boys soccer team pulled out a victorious win on Brattleboro, leaving the score to end 4-0 Wahconah. A majority of the players played eighty minutes straight while remaining stronger than ever. The seniors are doing a spectacular job this season keeping everyone’s heads up, even when things got exhaustingly tough. This team’s season has been a joy to watch. Watching the boys become a hardworking team has been an astonishing treat for the town of Dalton and Wahconah to see. The energy these boys give off to one another and their community makes you want to watch more. All of their endless effort and achievements have opened the community’s eyes in such a positive way that you can’t miss it.

Just as much as the boys, the girls have also had some memorable games together. On September 21, the girl’s soccer team pulled off a deserving win against Pittsfield at home. The girls showed how badly they wanted the win by continuously pushing through all of the sweat, exhaustion, and frustration. The ball was consistently flying back and forth throughout the field leaving Wahconah some opportunities to have outstanding saves. As the girls ran and ran for eighty minutes, they knew some of the opportunities of scoring were just unlucky, until the girls had encouraging motivation from their crowd, each other, and their coach. They scored; this left the final to be 4-0 Wahconah. 

Throughout the boys and girls cross country season, they have had some amazing meets against other schools. Both the boys and the girls have proven themselves to keep pushing through no matter how drained their bodies really are on these several-mile runs. Some of the runners on each team are consistently team players. Some of them have been running through injuries just to lead their team to victory. These teams have gone through many challenges, but have learned to adapt and overcome not only for their teams but for the face of Wahconah.  

Girls volleyball experienced an intense game against Lenox on October 6. No matter how many dodges or spikes they needed to make, they accomplished another big win on Wahconah’s pink-out night. These girls have not had a hard defeat because they have such a good base of support and excitement that rises to the occasion of each game. If you want a thrill, I highly suggest Wahconah’s volleyball games.

This season golf has set high standards for their opposing teams. Their consistent jive with one another has not only created a healthy environment to play in but also a healthy bond of a real team. Everywhere they played, they dominated, especially at home. On August 29th, the Wahconah golf team pulled out a win, leaving Lenox in shock. The final score at the end of the match was 155-195 Wahconah. The team knew right at the beginning of the season that as long as they did what they did best, they would be unstoppable.

Wahconah’s football team had their first home football game on September 22nd against PHS, their rival. The stands were crowded, and the sidelines were loud, leaving nothing but motivation for every single one of the players. The clean passes, plays, and catches these boys created turned them unstoppably tough. The Warriors scored a total of 46 points, leaving the final to be 46-8 Wahconah.

Donate to The Main Street Crier

Your donation will support the student journalists of Wahconah Regional High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.