Breaking News
The Student News Site of Wahconah Regional High School

The Main Street Crier

The Main Street Crier

The Main Street Crier

Kung Fu Panda 4
Kung Fu Panda 4
April 12, 2024
Is the SAT Worth It
Is the SAT Worth It
April 12, 2024
Track Boys Article
April 12, 2024
Softball
April 12, 2024

CO-OP Hockey!

Our Wahconah Warriors have been a CO-OP team with Pittsfield and Taconic High Schools for years, but now we’ve brewed up another school to add to this melting pot of a hockey team. While the name still remains Taconic Thunder, we’ve added Mt. Everett’s hockey team to ours which previously had four schools attached to it: Lee, Monument, and Mt. Everett High Schools, and Lenox Middle and High School. Thus making McCann’s the only other team within Berkshire County, consisting of McCann Technical, Drury, Hoosac, and Mt. Greylock High Schools.

Although Mt. Everett finished as one of the worst in their division last season, they give us a few key players for our Taconic Thunder team, with their main attractions being defenseman Gabe Fahey and powerful goal-scorer Dom Velasco. Not to mention, the Thunders are following up a tremendous year in 2022-23 with star forwards Brayden Bishop, Roshan Warriar, and Wahconah’s own Rylan Padelford giving it their all for their last season with the team.

Along with the expansion comes tough competition. Being placed in the Berry League with powerhouses like West Springfield and Westfield brings a tremendous weight on our players’ shoulders. Will this weight be evenly distributed within our dynamic lineup, or will it fall to a single player? Only time will tell how impactful Mt. Everett’s addition to the already dominant CO-OP team will be.

Donate to The Main Street Crier

Your donation will support the student journalists of Wahconah Regional High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.