Breaking News
The Student News Site of Wahconah Regional High School

The Main Street Crier

The Main Street Crier

The Main Street Crier

Kung Fu Panda 4
Kung Fu Panda 4
April 12, 2024
Is the SAT Worth It
Is the SAT Worth It
April 12, 2024
Track Boys Article
April 12, 2024
Softball
April 12, 2024

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce

I’m sure you may have heard about the new relationship between multi-platinum, Grammy-winning, singer-songwriter, Taylor Swift and two-time Super Bowl-winning tight end, Travis Kelce, of the Kansas City Chiefs. While it may seem like an unlikely connection, it is not uncommon for the world of music and sports to collide. From J-LO and A-Rod to Posh Spice and David Beckham, the dating world is full of high-profile personalities from music and sports coming together. 

We don’t really know how Swift and Kelce first connected, but he recently revealed on his podcast “New Heights” with Travis and Jason Kelce that he attended one of her concerts and was bummed when she wouldn’t talk with him. Swift famously doesn’t talk before or after her shows to save her voice. Kelce’s big planned move was to give her a handmade friendship bracelet with his phone number on it. 

The first time the relationship went public was when she showed up at a Jets-Chiefs football game at Arrowhead Stadium on October 1st. Swift sat with Travis’ mother, Donna, and friends in a luxury box. After the game in Kansas City, they were seen driving away together to a restaurant he had rented out for the team and her. Word is they spent the night getting to know each other better. Since this event, Taylor has attended a few more games, even sporting Chiefs merchandise. 

Though Kelce did not attend Swift’s recent Eras Tour Movie Premiere, the couple have been seen getting dinner several times and even made an appearance on SNL together recently. So, whether this relationship will last or die out, “we’re happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time.”

Donate to The Main Street Crier

Your donation will support the student journalists of Wahconah Regional High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.