Breaking News
The Student News Site of Wahconah Regional High School

The Main Street Crier

The Main Street Crier

The Main Street Crier

Kung Fu Panda 4
Kung Fu Panda 4
April 12, 2024
Is the SAT Worth It
Is the SAT Worth It
April 12, 2024
Track Boys Article
April 12, 2024
Softball
April 12, 2024

What’s Next for Trump if He Goes For a Second Term?

Trump is now making his most exciting vision yet for his second term, telling his supporters in the same language he used during his campaign to the January 6th attack on the US Capitol that they need to “fight like hell” or they will lose the country. The escalation of the attack was from the four times indicted previous president when he came to a rally in South Dakota. While there, he accused his possible 2024 opponent, Joe Biden, of ordering his indictment on 91 charges across four criminal cases as a form of election interference. “I don’t think there’s ever been a darkness around our nation like there is now,” Trump said in a speech in which he accused the Democratic Party of allowing an “invasion” of migrants over the southern border and of trying to restart COVID “hysteria.” Trump’s front-runner speech raised the question about his second presidency: would it be more extreme and challenging for him than his first term as president? 

Trump’s view on the Oval Office contradicts the problematic powers suggesting that Trump will use a similar style for his awaiting trial, which includes intimidating officials of the alleged bid with his 2020 defeat. He also argued against his political rivals, saying that the real danger with American freedoms didn’t come up to make an invalidation for a free and fair election, but for his efforts to make his accountabilities legal. “It’s really a threat to democracy while they trample our rights and liberties every single day of the year,” he says. “This is a big moment in our country because we’re either going to go one way or the other and if we go the other, we’re not going to have a country left,” he told his supporters in South Dakota. “We will fight together, we will win together, and then we will seek justice together,” he added. This was a quote that had followed his rally in March in which his 2024 campaign and his potential second term would serve as the vessel of “retribution” for his supporters who believe that they were wronged. 

Donate to The Main Street Crier

Your donation will support the student journalists of Wahconah Regional High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.