Breaking News
The Student News Site of Wahconah Regional High School

The Main Street Crier

The Main Street Crier

The Main Street Crier

Kung Fu Panda 4
Kung Fu Panda 4
April 12, 2024
Is the SAT Worth It
Is the SAT Worth It
April 12, 2024
Track Boys Article
April 12, 2024
Softball
April 12, 2024

Wahconah’s Fortnite Team

Recently we’ve sparked a new topic of interest amongst Wahconah’s extracurriculars.  The formation of Wahconah’s official Fortnite team has raised various questions regarding its contents along with its legitimacy. That’s why as an official captain, I’m here to answer these questions.

These questions have mostly fallen under the same category.  The biggest one being “is this a real thing?” and by now, we can officially say yes.  We are a legitimate team with about ten official members. We’re looking to have enough for a junior varsity team as well in the future.

Some questions that I’ve heard are surrounding practices. We usually practice about twice a week within Fortnite’s “creative” feature which allows us to practice against each other.  

As I head to our most asked questions, it’s important to state that we are not recognized by the school as an official club or team, but we are striving for a title like that in the near future.  

We were asked by many people: “what other schools can we even compete against?” Our manager, who asks to remain anonymous, has recently proclaimed that we are planning on facing up against schools with an existing gaming club/Fortnite team like Mt. Everett, Monument, and Taconic sometime this school year.

By the end of the school year, the two captains, myself (Alex Jerebtsov) and Roman Quilles hope to eventually make this team into something every Wahconah student is aware of. The official Instagram page already has about a hundred followers and more than twenty students’ direct messaging to get on the team.  We also are making an attempt at getting into the yearbook, obtaining team uniforms, and having a banquet in the spring.  Most who have come across our Instagram page have most likely assumed that we were making a joke, but the main goal is to have those opinions changed by the end of the year.

Donate to The Main Street Crier

Your donation will support the student journalists of Wahconah Regional High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.