Breaking News
The Student News Site of Wahconah Regional High School

The Main Street Crier

The Main Street Crier

The Main Street Crier

Kung Fu Panda 4
Kung Fu Panda 4
April 12, 2024
Is the SAT Worth It
Is the SAT Worth It
April 12, 2024
Track Boys Article
April 12, 2024
Softball
April 12, 2024

Too many snow days

(Satire)

I’m sure most of the students at our school know how much of a blast it is to drive to school in the snow and ice, especially if you live in the hill towns. First, you have to get up early in the morning only to realize you have to go to school. This is especially exciting on a day when most of the other schools have called a snow day. Most years at Wahconah, they call too many snow days, and this year is no exception. 

This year has been the worst winter I’ve experienced during my time living in the area, and they have definitely given the students of Wahconah one too many school days. We are seasoned pros at driving in the snow at this point, which is why we shouldn’t need all these snow days! Everyone knows this, because what student would want to spend their morning asleep in a warm bed rather than sliding around trying to get to our wonderful school? 

Thank goodness that we get to make up all of these missed days in June. We’d absolutely hate to sacrifice any learning time whatsoever, so going until July is key. If we get any more snow days, they are going to have to cut our April break short just to even give us a minute before we’re back in August. Enough is enough; no more snow days! /jk

Donate to The Main Street Crier

Your donation will support the student journalists of Wahconah Regional High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.