Breaking News
The Student News Site of Wahconah Regional High School

The Main Street Crier

The Main Street Crier

The Main Street Crier

Kung Fu Panda 4
Kung Fu Panda 4
April 12, 2024
Is the SAT Worth It
Is the SAT Worth It
April 12, 2024
Track Boys Article
April 12, 2024
Softball
April 12, 2024

Wahconah Boys Soccer

Recently, our very own Wahconah Warriors soccer team has been experiencing a “rebuild” year, losing the majority of their varsity players last year due to graduation.

Whilst their playoff hopes died within the final few games, losing to Mahar 4-1 and Lenox 3-1 on Senior Night, the Warriors have been playing their best soccer yet. Although these losses were tough, it’s hard to ignore the positives with this team. They were able to move the ball well and get shots on. The main attractions being striker Ryan Marauszwski and midfielder Sean Kays contributed to the majority of their goals. Although those two, along with five other seniors, won’t be a part of the team next soccer season, the future looks bright for upcoming years. We have bright talent staying like striker Noah Willis and midfielder Cooper Calvert leading the team. 

There’s a lot to look forward to in the next couple of years with our beloved soccer team, but it’s also important to see that our record does not define our team. No matter the year, this program has persevered through many years just like this. So, we’ll just have to see that same mentality going into next season and see how the upcoming varsity players will hold themselves.

Donate to The Main Street Crier

Your donation will support the student journalists of Wahconah Regional High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.