Breaking News
The Student News Site of Wahconah Regional High School

The Main Street Crier

The Main Street Crier

The Main Street Crier

Kung Fu Panda 4
Kung Fu Panda 4
April 12, 2024
Is the SAT Worth It
Is the SAT Worth It
April 12, 2024
Track Boys Article
April 12, 2024
Softball
April 12, 2024

Women’s Soccer

Womens+Soccer

The Wahconah Women’s Soccer team was back and ready to get revenge after having a troubled year in 2022. The Warriors knew before the first game of the year that this would be another tough season because they’d be missing midfielder and captain Olivia Gamberoni. This meant that many young players would have to step up. This also meant that captains Ava Massaro, Elena Ioveno, and Dani Barry would have to step in and lead this team through win or loss. The Warriors started the season 0-3 against three tough teams. As a team, this is something hard to work through. But the upperclassmen, including juniors Marleigh White, Kathryn Perrone, Vienna Mahar, Edrie Collins, and Elizabeth Wheeler helped the four seniors guide this team to a first win against Drury. 

After being 1-3, the struggles for Wahconah continued all the way until game 7 with a 4-0 win against PHS. The Warriors went on to lose another five straight until picking up another win against PHS at BCC. Throughout this season, the Warriors had the help of a couple of freshmen that are very fresh to this new level of play. Sammie Kaley, Gracey Farley, and Miranda White have stepped up a lot for the Warriors in tough situations. The Warriors also gained the help of sophomores Anna Doyle, Marissa Poirer, Ella Scalise, Natalie Aldrich, Katelyn Tynan, and Lauren Lange. 

The Warriors are now sitting at a record of 3-10 and are preparing for a tough last three games until the playoffs. While only being 3-10, the positive side of having a very tough schedule puts them ranked at #17 in division four for the state tournament. Let’s wish the Wahconah Girls Soccer team good luck in the playoffs and give a farewell to our four seniors, Ava Massaro, Elena Ioveno, Olivia Gamberoni, and Dani Barry. 

Donate to The Main Street Crier

Your donation will support the student journalists of Wahconah Regional High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.